Stained Glass Poppy

Stained Glass Poppy

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Center for Fine Art Photography Show


This image from my new portfolio entitled Hosta Studies II is included in an upcoming show at the Center for Fine Art Photography. The show entitled Black + White is up at the Center in Fort Collins, CO, from July 5 through August 24. Unfortunately, I will not be able to attend the reception on August 2.

With the Hosta Studies II portfolio I continue my fascination with the simple hosta plant. With these black and white images I concentrate on the lines of the leaf edges. The lines, curves and shapes dance across the print in freeform jazz riffs. As I worked on these images I could hear John Coltrane or Miles Davis improvising in the back of my mind. Hosta Studies II no.7 take it Mr. Coltrane.


No comments:

Post a Comment