Stained Glass Poppy

Stained Glass Poppy

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Last week in Sioux Falls


Last week I visited my mom and sister Linda and her family in Sioux Falls, SD. I had a great time, highlighted by alot of great food - I think I gained 5 pounds in 4 days. Not only did Linda's husband Kevin cook up some wonderful meals but I ate at several outstanding restaurants. If you are ever in Sioux Falls you have to stop at Queen City Bakery - the Wednesday almond croissants are to die for, Wild Sage Grille - wonderful for lunch with a view of the Big Sioux River and Acoustic - for their awesome pizza.

The highlight though was a trip with my niece Lexi to CH Patisserie. Top Chef Just Desserts season two winner Chris Hanmer just opened this restaurant in downtown Sioux Falls and the desserts are incredible! I had a tart and Lexi a mound of what seemed like pure chocolate. It was silky smooth - a must have for all chocolate lovers! Of course we shared and had a great time. And on the way out you can buy a bag of assorted macaroons - WOW!

Thanks to Lexi and everyone in Sioux Falls I had a wonderful visit!



No comments:

Post a Comment