Stained Glass Poppy

Stained Glass Poppy

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Building an Image Part 1

Squared Sunflower



Some images you see right in front of you. Others take planning and preparation but then again become visible right in front of you. Others get stuck in your head and look for a way out - like this image. Thank God for Photoshop!
I love this image on several levels. I am not good with my hands - I can't build things. But I took this image from my minds eye and built it and I am proud of that. I love the positive and negative spaces because it plays to photography and to my view of life. All of the sunflowers are dried up, wrinkly husks and that is a play on age and beauty. I love the color - something I took from my Hosta Study series. I love the textures. And finally I love the window effect. Its like I am viewing another world.
I am working on a whole series of these images. Changing it up by presenting the images in actual window frames and inkjet printed transparencies, using different plants and different ways of using positive and negative spaces.
I will post how I did it next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment